Sunday 4 May 2008

THE THING FROM INNER SPACE


THE THING FROM INNER SPACE /
SKATEBOARDING ON THIN ICE

but
when I finally get you upstairs, I find
the cat’s thrown-up across the duvet,
&, as you half-turn in the half-light to undress
I shimmy the cover aside
sideways
so you won’t see,
skimming my thumb in
puke-tinted cat-splatter…

&
how I’ve ached for this moment, but
now when it should be so right
all I can think
(as I wipe my hand on the carpet)
is of that OTHER pussy, &
how I’d like to break its
fucking fur-lined neck…

but
now I’m beside you, inside you, yet
near-wilting at thoughts of
freshly disturbed
cat-sick radiation that must be
spreading like feline Chernobyl-vapours
stagnant with the stink of sour milk,
decomposing pilchards, & perhaps even
some half-digested small
rodent...

…and no,
the earth didn’t move
but afterwards,
sneaking nude down
the dark stairwell to
flush away the condom,
thinking dark thoughts, by now
convinced that this is deliberate
4-legged revenge for the crime
of neutering,
it’s my bare toes
that first
encounter
the dog-crap
in the hall

… &
they call
THIS
safe sex…?


Published in:-
‘DESIRE no.1’ (UK - August 1994)
‘BOGG: BOGGERS ALL SPECIAL’ (UK – November 1993)

1 comment:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Hi Andy - I remember this from 1993 - it is still hilarious - how tempus fugit.