Tuesday 29 March 2022

Poem: 'A Taste For Butterflies'

 




A TASTE FOR BUTTERFLIES/ 
THE WORLD IS FULL OF MATCHING PAIRS 


I’m thinking of you skinny-dipping in your pool 
airplane lights rippling the reflected stars above 
the big dipper trickling water 
across the northwestern sky, 
cascading stardust into your pool as you bathe 
chasing little bits of stardust across your body 
kissing the starbursts springing over your skin 

I message you this memory, 
for love knows no gravity, 
love has its hemispheres, 
when you read Anaïs Nin 
it leaves unsettling emptiness, 
you paint in your studio 
in mystical languages 
that tease my senses, 
we live in hope 
beyond our means, 
you message intimate photos 
of your body to my laptop… 

we meet for coffee 
with serious amorous intent 
I’m at your tender mercies, 
but you don’t have 
to be too tender, for 
we cut into now, and 
our tomorrow bleeds away, 
then we go to bed together 
you in Seattle 
me in Yorkshire…




No comments: