Monday 28 February 2022

Poem: 'Who'll Be The Next In Line?'

 



WHO’LL BE THE NEXT IN LINE? 


Is this the end of the queue? 
Is this where we wait? It is? Thank you. 
I can’t even see the head of the queue. 
Can you? No. Me neither. 
Seem to spend our lives queuing. 
We pretend to be patient, don’t we? 
We try to endure the inconvenience. 
But it is annoying. In fact, it’s maddening. 
Did we move then? One pace forward? 
No…? Just wishful thinking. HaHa! 
It’s getting late. How long has it been now? 
There’s more people joining up behind us. 
An endless queue, one that goes on forever. 
Maybe I’ll sit down, take the weight off. 
Text-message home… oh, no wifi here. 
Time passes. Slips by, and we’re still here, 
an hour later, a day, a week, a month…? 
Don’t want to move in case I lose my place. 
Are you sure we’re in the correct queue? 
It’d be terrible to find we’re in the wrong line! 
Hungry, thirsty, tired… and I need the toilet. 
Strange, how all these patient people, 
barely shuffle forward, heads bowed. 
Does this queue even have an end? 
Are we here for eternity? HaHa! 
I just got this crazy unsettling thought… 
what if we’re all dead, and this is 
some kind of bureaucratic afterlife? 
Wait, did we move then, one pace forward, 
No…? Just wishful thinking… 


Published in: 
‘ALIEN BUDDHA PRESS: ANTHOLOGY Vol.2’ 
(USA – March 2018) ISBN 978-1986-907484 
Collected into: 
‘TWEAK VISION: THE WORD-PLAY 
SOLUTION TO MODERN-ANGST CONFUSION’ 
Alien Buddha Press (USA – March 2018)

2 comments:

Wlliams said...

Hello there, as a newbie to crypto currency trading, I lost a lot of money trying to navigate the market on my own. In my search for a genuine and trusted trader, i came across Anderson Johnny who guided and helped me make so much profit up to the tune of $40,000. I made my first investment with $1,000 and got a ROI of $9,400 in less than 8 days. You can contact this expert trader via email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com or on WhatsApp: +447883246472 and be ready to share your own testimony

Katrice said...

Are you heartbroken or thinking of how you are to live the rest of your life with Herpes? I'm here to tell you to cry no more, for Dr Osato is here to help you with the cure for herpes. I was diagnosed with genital herpes in January this year and I have been searching and asking questions to see if I could get something to cure the disease because I did not believe what the doctors say that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testified how she was cured from herpes1&2 after using Dr Osato herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr Osato on email and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE  and my doctor confirm with me that am completely free from herpes. I'm so happy and grateful to Dr Osato for curing me from herpes and I will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is a cure for herpes. Dr Osato also has the cure for different types of diseases and viruses like HERPES, HIV, HSV1&2, DIABETES, CANCER, VAGINAL INFECTION, HPV, Sickle Cell, BLOOD PRESURE Cold Sore ect. You can contact Dr Osato on email and WhatsApp.... Email: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347051705853. His Website is osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com

Dr Osato herbal medicine is the best remedy for herpes and you can contact him today to get cured.