Wednesday 31 March 2021

Poem: 'DANCE-BAND AT THE EDGE OF INFINITY'

 


DANCE-BAND AT 
THE EDGE OF INFINITY 


I recall how Michael used to come around 
and say ‘Andy, show me some dance moves’ 
and I throw stylish shapes that I later see 
him use when the video debuts on MTV, 
how just once, when I idly scratch my balls 
he goes ‘yeah man, that’s so fine-superfine’ 
in that sweet melodic falsetto of his, 
and despite my protestations he’s there 
crotch-grabbing on that next hit vid of his, 
sometimes I miss that little Jackson guy… 
and I remember how this scruffy little Folkie 
comes pestering ‘Andy, help me write hits’ 
but I’m busy sequencing Little Mix tracks 
and he’s such an obvious no-hoper 
I tell him to sod off, I still feel a tad guilty, 
about whatever happened to that Ed Sheeran…


No comments: